Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ugh--Halloween!



  
Halloween--can't say I'm a huge fan but this time of year can be fun for kids, without embracing the scariness of Halloween. We had a great time at home this last week, after being gone visiting family while Tim went on his annual hunting trip with his dad. We did some fun seasonal activities around the house. W wanted to do a craft--so as you can see we did attempt a "spooky spider"craft that is hanging from the dining lights. We played in the leaves out back and I even made a leaf maze this year. (which I used do as a kid) W & I chased each other through it until the wind picked up. It's amazing how those fun childhood feelings creep right up doing things you did as a kid with your child. W&Y painted pumpkins and then for Halloween they dressed up. My sweet Aunt made W his Indian costume, it even had hand sewn beads on it. Thanks Aunt Kak! I laughed at myself because as we were getting ready to leave on Halloween I was trying to stuff broccoli down their mouths as I just knew the candy they would be inhaling. Oh...the joys of putting kids down on a candy high. Glad it's over..

No comments: