Tuesday, February 3, 2009

California Christmas!!

I just realized that I haven't posted anything about our holidays.  We went to California to spend Christmas this year with my whole family.  My mom really out did herself.  Not only did she have a house full of guests she made it such a fun time for the grand kids.  She planned so many great activities for them.  Starting with our traditional Christmas program--so glad it's passed down now to the grand kids.  First, Gramps read to them a Christmas story.  Next, she had them dress up and sing--there  were 3 shepards and 1 angel.   Then, Christmas just isn't complete until you have a birthday cake and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus.  So she had them make birthday crowns and a cake to celebrate.  They ate it up!!(literally:) They also had fun picking oranges and going to the zoo lights.  The boys are really growing close to their cousins.  My mom and I were also able to take the boys down to see our friend Kayce.  She and her husband took her cousin's kids in and amazingly they are the same age as W&Y.  It was fun to see them play together.  Christmas through a child's eyes--nothing better!!    

No comments: